We are looking to add 1 full-time coach to our world-class team. We are looking for people that first and foremost fit our culture, our vision, and our values.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is humble, hard-working, great with people, and wants to be a part of a strong team. The best coaches aren’t the ones with the most credentials or university degrees. Education helps, sure. But it’s not the most important aspect of a great coach. The best coaches always get people to move better and smile—and you don’t need a degree for that.
We can develop your abilities to teach movements but we can’t give you a fantastic attitude. If you have the attitude and are willing to learn, we can help you with the rest.
To learn more about Everlasting Fitness, and the positions we are hiring for, read below.
About the position:
We are looking for coaches that can come in and coach 10-15 hours per week of group classes and/or private sessions.
We believe that the best way to make a career out of being a coach is through a combination of personal training, group classes, and taking on 1 or 2 roles outside of coaching like nutrition, programming, events, social media, etc. We are seeking an individual who aligns with our mission and core values and aspires to become a full-time coach, whether they are ready now, or believe they can work their way towards this role in the coming years.
- Minimum Requirements:
- A Major Fitness Certification with 300 hours of experience coaching (CrossFit is a plus)
- Team Player – Humble, Welcomes Feedback
- Understands and is driven by the Everlasting Fitness mission and vision
- Understands and lives by Everlasting Fitness Core Values
- Your role as a coach and a leader in our community must come before your own training.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Coach scheduled CrossFit and Fortify group classes
- Attend and actively participate in quarterly coach’s meetings and coach’s development sessions
- Be available to take on personal training clients and 1-on-1 foundations a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Never-ending pursuit of coaching excellence via continued education, coach’s development sessions, and 1-on-1 coach’s evaluations
- Participate (as an athlete) in Everlasting Fitness group classes at least 3X/week minimum
- Eventually take on a role outside of coaching, such as social media, programming, front desk, sales, marketing, nutrition, etc.
- Additional Expectations:
- Everlasting Fitness (and the role as a full-time coach) is a top priority in your life.
- Adhere to Everlasting Fitness core values inside and outside of the gym (including social media)
- Push affiliate towards excellence each day
- Be an open source of communication. No gossip.
- Cover additional classes when needed
- Fulfill all opening and/or closing duties when needed
- Be on the floor and engaged with members at least 15 minutes before and after every class.
- Be fully prepared for class (lesson plan) prior to the 15 minutes before every class.
- Greet and take care of walk-ins and drop-ins whenever present at EF
- Post regular gym/member updates to Group ME
- Actively participate in all EF hosted coach’s development sessions and 1-on-1 coach’s development sessions
- Help stage, clean, and organize the gym before and after all classes
- Help set up, clean up, and run events such as special events, in-house competitions, and parties.
- Continued education and never-ending pursuit of coaching excellence
Compensation and Benefits:
- Income Potential: $30,000 – $75,000 (with the ability to make more after 24-36 months with us)
- 50-70% of all revenue from personal training, programming, and 1-on-1 coaching
- Coaching uniforms (2 Free) and EF apparel at cost
- All retail and supplements at our wholesale cost.
Everlasting Fitness Core Values
- Mission Statement. To change people’s lives through fitness, nutrition and mindset.
- We are a family. Introduce yourself to others and know everyone by name. Treat EF better than your home. Clean up after yourself and always leave the gym better than when you walked in.
- The class comes first. EF should be the best 60-90 minutes of our member’s day and the in-class experience is what makes EF great. Create an atmosphere where members love coming and never want to leave.
- Team > Individual. Relentless focus on others over yourself. No Egos. Coaching must come before your own training. Regularly take classes with members.
- Constant and never-ending pursuit of excellence. Pay attention to the details and go above and beyond what is asked. Be early. Be overprepared. How you do anything is how you do everything.
- Extreme ownership of everything in your life. Live with honesty and integrity. No Gossip. If you have an issue with someone, speak directly to them and no one else.
- Live with a growth mindset. Hungry to learn and grow, and constantly make yourself a better coach. Regularly read books, listen to podcasts, and attend seminars and certifications.
- Bond, Encourage and Support. Create lasting bonds with members and other coaches. Encourage others in the way they need, not necessarily the way you would want to be encouraged – help others find their “why”. Provide support, whether it’s in Fitness, Nutrition, Recovery or Mindset.
About Everlasting Fitness and what we are looking for…
My name is Bret and I opened Everlasting Fitness back in January of 2013 and now run it with my wife Morgan. Over the last 8 years, we have grown EF to over 200 active members and have become one of the premier gyms in the state of Maryland. We have an incredible facility (10,000 sq ft) in Abingdon, MD.
We offer CrossFit classes, Fortify (boot-camp style) classes, Personal Training, Individualized Programming and Accountability Coaching so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow within our gym.
Our team is on a mission to empower people and communities to live happier, healthier, and more fulfilling lives. We aim to make fitness fun and sustainable so our members can enjoy working out and kicking ass into their 90s and beyond.
We do this by providing personal coaching in an energetic, fun, and inclusive team-environment. We seek to attract those who share our core values and add to the community experience.
Morgan and I truly love our gym and our community, which is why you will see us taking classes every single day at our facility. We are looking for coaches who will fall in love with our community and love taking classes every day just as much as we do.
We are looking for coaches who love being a part of our events and will invest time in our members. We are looking for coaches who can live by our core values (listed above). We are looking for coaches who are motivated and driven by our mission to become one of the top gyms (CrossFit or otherwise) on the East Coast over the next 5-10 years. We are looking for coaches who want to make a career out of being a Fitness coach.
We now have a staff of full-time and part-time coaches who have become a part of our family. One of the things that we strive for most is to provide a true career opportunity for our coaches. We believe coaching is one of the most influential and important roles that this world has to offer, and we want to professionalize what it means to be a Coach. We believe that coaches deserve to be treated like professionals and compensated accordingly.
Ultimately, we are a family, and we are looking to add like-minded individuals to our team who share our core values, love our community, and want to make a career out of being a coach and eventually going beyond that.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, email us your resume with a cover letter including a brief overview of why you want to coach at EF and why you think it could be a good fit. Be specific here. You can also include details about your fitness experience and customer service experience. We also highly recommend checking out our social media pages prior to applying. I’m looking forward to speaking with you.